Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Feeling Special





I think the Rogers family has been here 3 or 4 out of my last 5 birthdays. I love having them here. I love cousin time, I love the eating, laughing, playing games, shopping, running, being lazy. . . but they are not a birthday family. I spend a lot of the year throwing planning birthdays, shopping for events, planning parties. . . trying to make other people feel special. It was so much fun having the whole day to feel special this year. I loved waking up to my kids singing to me and giving me cards. I love all the treats people brought me, alone time with my husband, girl time with my girl friends, doing no housework. . . I know it's selfish, but I am so grateful I had *my* day this year.

And of course -- the BEST part of my day was this cake. Not only was it delicious, but it was the most thoughtful gift from the most thoughtful sister. I'm so lucky to have you. You always make me laugh, remember special things, come up with creative ideas, agree to anything I suggest, love my kids more than any Aunt ever could. . . SO LUCKY!!!

PS The cake was good, Sadie licked the ENTIRE thing. GRR

No comments:

Post a Comment